Thursday, February 12, 2009

Research Log

I found an speech given by a Parkinson's patient to an audience to convince them of the benefits of using adult somatic stem cells to treat the disease. He had his own brain tissue removed, and his own stem cells were used to treat his condition. His symptoms improved dramatically and he was able to live with a better quality of life.
http://www.leaderu.com/science/stemcelltestimony_turner.html
I found a picture showing how stem cells can be used to develop any form of tissue that needs more development or treatment. I used the key words "somatic stem cells" in images.
I found a book in Cooper Library by searching the topic Stem Cells--Transplantation. The book's name is Cell of Cells: the global race to capture and control the stem cell, by Cynthia Fox.
Looking on PubMed, I looked in PMC and typed in Somatic Stem Cells, and I found an article titled "Comparative transcriptome analysis of embryonic and adult stem cells with extended and limited differentiation capacity."

No comments:

Post a Comment