Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Rhetoric

This morning, when I woke up, I turned on the television to try to get started and open my eyes. I watched a car commercial, and then watched it again right after part of another commercial. The car lot was based in Easley, and the guys were yelling trying to catch the audience's attention. I thought the commercial was kind of funny because of the salesman's desperate attempt to persuade the audience to buy their cars.
Walking out of my room, I saw a poster advertising FCA on Thursday nights, and another advertising for a research project on different diseases here at Clemson. The posters didn't have really any special texts or anything besides just stating the meet times and what the meetings would be about.

1 comment:

  1. Keep in mind that humor is a pathetic appeal. Would you consider the other ads to be a form of logos only, and if so, are they less exciting because they lack ethos and pathos?

    ReplyDelete